I am a UKCP registered Gestalt Psychotherapist and an experienced BACP Accredited Counsellor
I have training in Gestalt Psychotherapy, Couples Therapy and Person Centred counselling.
I work in two different GP surgeries in Mid/North Wales and the rest of my working week is with private clients and Employee Assistance schemes.
Gestalt is a relational therapy and provides an opportunity to increase awareness of yourself and your relationships. I work with the belief that you know how to support yourself and how to solve your own problems, but sometimes you may get stuck in an unhelpful pattern and need someone else to help you to get out of it. I am able to support you when you are vulnerable and to challenge you when you are stuck.
Because Gestalt psychotherapy pays particular attention to relationships it is an ideal model to work with couples. In couples work I will support and challenge you both to talk and listen to each other and explore how each of you have a part to play in creating the difficulties you are facing.
I offer long term and short term therapy.
Training, Qualifications and Experience
- United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP) registered 2011
- GPTI Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy 2011
- EGI Certificate in Couples Therapy 2014
- Accreditation with British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) 2001
- Post Grad Diploma in Person Centred Counselling 1999
- One year of Transactional Analysis training 1996
I work in a variety of settings including the NHS, Employees Assistance Programmes, and private practice.